Dubai is a city of splendor and luxury, attracting tourists worldwide. At the same time, winter is the peak time to Visit Dubai in Summer because summer has charm and excitement. If you plan to visit Dubai in summer, you are in for a treat. This article will guide you in making the most of your summer visit to Dubai. We’ve covered you, from the best attractions to the top things to do and the best time to visit.
Why Visit Dubai in Summer?
Dubai is one of the hottest cities in the world, and summers in Dubai can be scorching. However, this should encourage you to visit this beautiful city in the summer. The summer season in Dubai comes with its own set of advantages:
1. The off-season means you can enjoy Dubai’s luxurious hotels and attractions at a much lower price.
2. Most of the indoor attractions in Dubai are air-conditioned, providing a cool respite from the heat.
3. The city is less crowded during the summer, making it an ideal time to explore Dubai at your own pace.
When to Visit Dubai in Summer?
Dubai experiences extreme heat from June to September, with temperatures ranging between 38°C to 45°C (100°F to 113°F). If you can handle the heat, visiting Dubai in June, July, and August can be a rewarding experience. However, if you’re not a fan of hot weather, it’s best to plan your visit for May or September when the temperatures are relatively lower.
Top Attractions to Visit in Dubai
1. Burj Khalifa – The tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa is a must-visit attraction in Dubai. The observation deck on the 124th floor offers panoramic city views, making it a perfect spot to capture some stunning photographs.
2. Dubai Mall – Located adjacent to the Burj Khalifa, the Dubai Mall is one of the largest malls in the world, offering a plethora of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
3. Dubai Fountain – Situated outside the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Fountain is the world’s largest choreographed fountain system, featuring water jets that shoot up to 150 meters in the air.
4. Dubai Miracle Garden – A floral paradise in the middle of the desert, the Dubai Miracle Garden is a stunning attraction with over 45 million flowers arranged in intricate designs and patterns.
5. Ski Dubai – Yes, you read that right! Dubai has an indoor ski resort that offers snowboarding, skiing, and other winter sports, all year round.
Top Things to Do in Dubai in Summer
1. Indoor Activities – Beat the heat by indulging in indoor activities such as visiting museums, art galleries, theme parks, and cinemas.
2. Water Sports – Dubai has a range of water sports activities, such as jet skiing, parasailing, wakeboarding, and banana boat rides, that are perfect for beating the heat.
3. Desert Safari – Explore the vast desert landscape of Dubai by going on a desert safari, where you can indulge in activities such as dune bashing, sandboarding, and camel riding.
4. Nightlife – Dubai is known for its vibrant nightlife, with bars, nightclubs, and lounges catering to all tastes.
5. Beaches – Dubai has some of the most stunning beaches in the world, such as Jumeirah Beach, Kite Beach, and Sunset Beach, that offer the perfect respite from the summer heat.
Tips for Visiting Dubai in Summer
Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water and always carry a refillable water bottle to avoid dehydration.
1. Dress Appropriately – Dubai is a conservative city, so it’s important to dress appropriately. While wearing light clothing during the summer may be tempting, covering your shoulders and knees is important, especially when visiting mosques and other religious sites.
2. Plan Your Activities – The heat can be overwhelming, so it’s important to plan and schedule your activities for the cooler parts of the day. Avoid outdoor activities during the peak heat hours of noon to 4 pm.
3. Use Sunscreen – The sun can be harsh in Dubai, so it’s important to use sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your skin from sunburn and damage.
4. Take Advantage of Air Conditioning – Most indoor attractions in Dubai are air-conditioned, so take advantage of this to cool down and escape the heat.
Dubai is a city that should be on every traveler’s bucket list. While the summer season can be hot, it’s still an excellent time to visit Dubai in summer. The city is less crowded, and prices are lower than in the peak season, so you can explore the best attractions and indulge in various activities. Just remember to stay hydrated, dress appropriately, plan your activities, use sunscreen, and take advantage of air conditioning.
1. Is it safe to visit Dubai in summer? Visiting Dubai in the summer is safe, but taking precautions is important to avoid dehydration and heatstroke.
2. What is the best time to visit Dubai in summer? The best time to visit Dubai in the summer is during May or September when the temperatures are relatively lower.
3. What should I wear when visiting Dubai in summer? While wearing light clothing during the summer is tempting, covering your shoulders and knees is important, especially when visiting mosques and other religious sites.
4. Are there any indoor attractions in Dubai? Yes, Dubai has a range of indoor attractions, such as museums, art galleries, indoor theme parks, and cinemas.
5. What are some summer water sports activities to do in Dubai? Dubai offers a range of water sports activities, such as jet skiing, parasailing, wakeboarding, and banana boat rides that are perfect for beating the heat.